Department of Community Services
Forms, Advisories and Notices, Guidelines and Legislation
- Building Code Advisories
- National Building Code of Canada now also regulates Energy Efficiency English
Release date - December 21, 2012
- Home Electrical Safety Tips English [49KB ] French [49KB ]
A list of simple safety checks homeowners can do to ensure electrical safety in their homes.
- Heat Trace on Plumbing System Piping English [162KB ] French [162KB ]
Information letter on safety issues relating to the installation of heat trace.
- Above Ground Fuel Oil Storage Tank Installations English [88KB ]
Required for above ground fuel oil storage tanks in Yukon as of April 1, 2009.
- Guidelines for Residential Building/Plumbing Permits (January 2013) English [733KB ]
Guide to assist homeowners/contractors in putting together the information required by the Building Inspection Department to process a building/plumbing permit application
- Barrier-Free Design English [9095KB ]
- Installation of Stoves, Ranges and Space Heaters Guidelines English [84KB ] French [403KB ]
A basic guide of requirements to assist homeowners/contractors with installing various types of wood-burning devices.
- Heat Trace Installation Requirements in Yukon English [84KB ] French [84KB ]
A guide for homeowners/contractors for the proper installation of heat trace.
- Residential Fuel Tank Restraints for Yukon Communities:
Group 1 Communities: Carmacks, Faro, Johnsons Crossing, Old Crow, Pelly Crossing, Ross River, Teslin, Whitehorse English [202KB]
Group 2 Communities: Carcross, Dawson City, Elsa, Keno City, Mayo, Stewart Crossing, Watson Lake English [174KB]
Group 3 Communities: Beaver Creek, Burwash Landing, Destruction Bay, Haines Junction, Silver City English [170KB]
Building Code Advisories - Updated January 2011
Building Standards Act & Regulations