Department of Community Services

Corporate Affairs


Partnership Name Registration

All persons associated in partnership and carrying on business in the Yukon need to file a Declaration of Partnership.

1.Reserve Partnership Name

  • Fill out and submit the Application for Name Reservation, along with the $40 fee.
  • Corporate Affairs will reserve the name if it complies with the Naming Regulation requirements. If the name does not comply, a new application and fee will be required. Visit the Guidelines page for more information on how to choose a name.
  • A Certificate of Name Reservation will be issued within 5 business days, if approved.
  • After you’ve received the Certificate of Name Reservation, you may complete the Declaration of Partnership. If the Declaration is not received by our office prior to the expiry date on the Certificate of Name Reservation, a new application for Name Reservation and associated fee will be required before you can submit your Declaration of Partnership.
  • The Application for Name Reservation may be dropped off in person, mailed, faxed or emailed to our office. If submitting by email, do not include credit card information in your email. Instead provide a phone number so we can contact you for payment.

2. Declaration of Partnership

  • Fill out and submit the Declaration of Partnership, along with the $25 fee. Business address of partnership (delivery and mailing) must be Yukon addresses.
  • The declaration should be submitted in duplicate and must be legible. The originally signed copy is required.
  • The declaration will be filed by our office within 5 business days of receipt of duly completed application.
  • After 5 business days, you may access the Yukon Online Corporate Registry to see if your document has been accepted and filed. You will receive a confirmation by mail.
  • The declaration may be dropped off in person or mailed to our office.

Renewal of Partnership
The registration of a declaration may be renewed for a term of three years at any time within three months before the expiry date of the registration on filing the renewal and on payment of the prescribed fee.

Renewal of Declaration of Partnership ($25) – print, sign and submit to Corporate Affairs
The Renewal may be dropped off in person, mailed, faxed or emailed to our office. Please do not include credit card information in your email, but instead provide a phone number where we may contact you for payment.

The Renewal is to be signed by each partner or the individual who was designated as the representative of the partnership at the time of registration/renewal.

Other forms

Notice of Change of Information in Declaration of Partnership - $25
Within 30 days following any change in the information provided on the declaration/renewal, a partnership shall amend its declaration of partnership by filing with the registrar a notice in the prescribed form setting out the change and the effective date of the change and accompanied by the prescribed fee.

Declaration of Dissolution of Partnership – no fee
On the dissolution of a firm, any or all of the persons who composed the firm must sign a declaration certifying the dissolution of the firm

Legislation and Regulations

Naming Regulation
Partnership and Business Names Act
Partnership and Business Names Regulation

Contact Corporate Affairs

Phone: 867-667-5314
Toll free in Yukon, NWT and Nunavut: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5314
Fax: 867-393-6251

Mailing address
Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon
Y1A 2C6

Office location: 307 Black Street, 1st Floor, Whitehorse, Y1A 2N1
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.