If Yukon’s securities law has been breached, or your complaint doesn’t relate to any categories mentioned in right hand side menu you may make a complaint to the Office of the Superintendent of Securities.
In your complaint please provide contact information, a brief summary of the complaint, and detailed information on what we are to investigate. Include any supporting documentation and send the compaint by email to email@example.com or by mail to Office of the Yukon Superintendent of Securities, P O BOX 2703 (C-6), Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6.
Please explain the following:
• What your complaint is about.
• Where and when the incident took place - dates, times, etc.
• What steps you have taken during, and to resolve the situation.
• Names and addresses of those involved, and your relationship to the corporation or individual at the source of the complaint.
• If available, please include copies of letters, cancelled cheques, account statements, or other documents that may help to explain your complaint and support your statements (you may be asked to provide these hard copy documents at a later stage).
• Other information that would help us to better understand your concerns.
NOTE: Yukon Securities Office cannot act on anonymous or verbal complaints.
Please be assured that all complaints are treated as confidential.
Yukon Securities Office staff review each written complaint to determine whether there has been a breach of Yukon securities laws. If so, the alleged misconduct is investigated and recommendations may be made to impose administrative sanctions and other appropriate action.
The final outcome of investigations is shared with the person filing the complaint; it may take several months to complete the review and investigation