Conditions of Employment
In order to be acknowledged for the position all applicants must:
• Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant with legal entitlement to work in Canada.
• Be 17 years old (with parent or guardian permission) or age of majority
• Have a valid class five Yukon driver’s License or equivalent
• Hold a valid Standard First Aid Certification or CPR “C”
• Successful completion of the Yukon Crew Member Training course
• Successfully pass and maintain a 14:30 level of the WFX-FIT test for Type 1 Wildland Fire Fighter throughout employment.
To set yourself above the competition and to increase your chance of success, you should consider having the following training and /or experience prior to applying:
• Advanced level first aid (80 hour first aid ex. EMR,EMT,OFA III,WFR)
• Chainsaw Training
• Experience or training in Wildland Fire Management Operations
• Experience Working with aircraft
• Experience with operating or maintaining small engines